National Institute of Technology Patna is the 18th National Institute of Technology created by the Ministry of H.R.D. Government of India after rechristening the erstwhile Bihar College of Engineering Patna on 28. 01. 2004. NIT Patna marked its humble beginning in 1886 with the establishment of pleaders survey training school which was subsequently promoted of Bihar College of Engineering Patna in 1924. This made this institute the 6th Oldest Engineering Institute of India. The graduate level curriculum was later elevated to the post graduate level in 1978. The institute is situated on the south bank of holy river Ganges behind Gandhi Ghat, one of the most important and reverential place of Patna. The Gandhi Ghat is associated with the immersion of ashes of father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi in the river Ganges. The campus has a picturesque river view with historic building presenting a spectacle of architectural delight and natural beauty.
National Institute of Technology Patna has been declared as an Institute of National Importance and has been granted a fully Autonomous Status by MHRD, Government of India. The Institute has also been declared as a Centre of Excellence of impart high level education training , research and development in science, engineering technology and humanities. It is imparting high quality education & values at UG (B.Tech), PG (M.Tech) & Ph .D programmes through its experienced faculty well versed in their respective field of engineering an technology with well equipped laboratories . At present the Institute has seven disciplines viz. Architecture, Civil Engineering, Compute Science & Engg., Electrical Engg., Electronics & Communication Engg., Information Technology and Mechanical Engg., and well established departments of physics, Mathematics and Humanities and Social Science.
The hack is only a small part of the competition. The real spirit lies in building your network in the growing tech community and collaborating with some of the finest minds of the nation. Just remember, taking the Hackathons too seriously defeats the purpose. Save the seriousness for pitching to investors. Keeping an open mind will open new doors, help build new relationships and acquire new skills.This is hackNITP.
The event will be conducted Online
Friday to Sunday 15-17 January 2021
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you have a particular theme for the Hackathon?Yes, they will be disclosed shortly!
- What can be the size of Team?A team can consist of 1-4 members.
- Are there any registration charges?Nope. None at all!
- Is the selection per-member or per-team basis?The selection is a per-team basis.
- I don't have a CSE background. Can I still participate?Yes. Creativity is independent of your technical skills. You can learn the tools and technologies anytime.
- Do we get any certificate for participation?Yes, you do get a certificate of participation if you qualify for the finals after the initial shortlisting.
- I don't find my question listed here. What can I do?You can always contact us.